How’s your New Years resolution going?
If like many you have started to give up single use plastics then take a look at our swap shop ideas we’ve put together for you to think about.
1. Swap vegetables and fruit for loose alternatives. If your supermarket doesn’t accommodate the variety you’re used to check out your local grocers and farm shops.
2. Swap cheese wrapped in plastic by visiting the deli at your supermarket/local deli/butchers and take along a reusable container to put it in.
3. Drop shower gel off your shopping list and replace with paper wrapped soap. A great idea, use an old trick to increase the life of your soap, leaving soap in your undies draw allows the soap to dry out and therefore ensures it lasts longer and makes your pants smell great too!
4. Washing up liquid- refill Ecover bottles from a local store, there are lots of stores that offer this service.
5. Dish washer and washing powder - choose a cardboard box of supermarket own brand and ditch those plastic wrapped tablets in those plastic boxes.
6. Dish washer sponges- buy/make knitted (from wool/cotton) scouring pads.
7. Non vegetarians/non vegans! Aka meat eaters! Swap meat from the supermarket wrapped in layers of plastic packaging to buying from the counter or at your local butchers, just like the cheese purchases always take a reusable box/es with you.
8. Replace plastic tooth brushes with a bamboo tooth brush.
9. Bread - buy from a baker and take a paper/ cloth bag with you to store it in.
10. Chocolate treats- there a lots of plastic free chocolate treats out there, buy from sweet shops buying loose or online from plastic free suppliers!
Let us know if you have any fab ideas to reduce plastics.
Good luck and have fun happy swappers!
Let us know if you have any ideas and would like to share them, lease leave any comments below Write something about yourself. Libby Darling