Lloyds Bank: Closing Branch Review – Part 1 Background information.
We continue to respond to our customers changing needs. We now have over 13 million of our customers accessing services through Internet Banking and over 9 million using our Mobile Banking app. Branches will remain vital in meeting customer’s needs but we must continually review our network to make sure we have branches in locations where customers need and use them the most.
Our decision Following a careful review, Rottingdean branch will close on 01 March 2018. We have made the difficult decision to close this branch due to customers using it less often. In addition, the majority of customers are also using alternative ways to bank and we have another branch close by.
How we made our closure decision When we close a branch we complete a detailed impact analysis which will include:
• How customers currently use the branch.
• Changes to customer use of the branch.
• Current levels of service provided by the branch including branch opening hours, ATMs.
• Assessment and check of alternative ways to bank locally including their proximity and accessibility. This is confirmed by a visit.
• Assessment of public transport, availability and frequency.
• Impact on our customers including those who may need additional support.
• Whether we own or lease the branch building. What this decision means for you You can continue to use any other Lloyds branches and the nearest alternative branch is the Kemp Town Brighton branch.
This document includes a summary of our review and provides details of alternative ways to access banking. Read more detail here.