Details of Telscombe Tye PSPO E-Petition here.
Wording from East Sussex County Council website:
We the undersigned petition the council to Extend the consultation period for responding to the need for a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) on Telscombe Tye and to include:
All possible options for consideration including to NOT adopt a PSPO and any other possible alternatives to a PSPO.
Make all evidence relating to dog "attacks" on the Tye easily available to all residents to enable informed responses to the consultation.
In addition to considering all options via the consultation form the Council should make available all evidence relating to alleged dog attacks on the Tye and full and transparent answers to the following:
1. How much does Telscombe Town Council (TTC) pay to the Farmer to manage the flock of sheep annually on Telscombe Tye. Please provide a cost breakdown to cover the last 5 financial years.
2. If any profit is made by the Farmer (please confirm this and what the amount is) is this the Farmer's profit to keep or is it contributed back to TTC?
3. How long is the arrangement in place for the current Farmer to have rights to the Tye to graze sheep?
4. With regards to the pre-consultation stage of the PSPO please provide a list of organisations whom you contacted for comments.
5. Have TCC conducted any surveys/monitoring of dog walkers/leisure walkers/others on the Tye to understand usage and trends over the past 5 years? If so, please provide details. If not, please detail why TTC have not taken responsibility to provide usage and background context to the report.
6. The PSPO report (page 2-3) contains general information about worrying of sheep but does not provide any statistics or evidence of worrying of sheep incident(s) relating directly to the Tye. Please provide from the last 5 years to date incidents reported and logged to TTC regarding worrying of sheep.
7. There does not appear to be an option in the PSPO report for a fence to be installed so that potentially the sheep could graze in one specific area, or any other options which may provide a solution other than a PSPO. Please provide whether TTC have investigated any other options and if so, cost estimates.
8. Please detail the number of complaints and nature of that complaint TTC have received either directly or in-directly from other organisations etc regarding how the flock of sheep are cared for/managed from the last 5 years to date.
9. Please detail how it is envisaged any PSPO will be enforced and the cost to local residents for doing so.
10. Please provide evidence of the number of sheep fatalities and injuries as a result of dog attacks over the past year (numbers in various reports seem to vary) and evidence to prove that injuries/death were as a result of dog attacks/worrying.
This E-Petition runs from 28/09/2018 to 23/11/2018.
This disclaimer informs readers that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the author, and not necessarily to the author’s employer, organisation, committee or other group or individual including ZoneZine.